LanceCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Minecraft Server - New IP! lancecraft.g.nfoservers.com

HomeHome  World MapWorld Map  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Brilliant Suggestion If I Do Say So Myself

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nevolo

Nevolo

A Brilliant Suggestion If I Do Say So Myself Empty
PostSubject: A Brilliant Suggestion If I Do Say So Myself   A Brilliant Suggestion If I Do Say So Myself EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:24 am

We all love the portal at the spawn that brings us to cobble but what if there were portals like it that would bring us to kingdoms. Now you have my thesis I will begin the explanation of my idea. W8 should enable Kingdoms and bigger guild's to make boats, Now I know your probably like "Wait we already can" But what if the boat had a teleporter in it that would bring us from Kingdom to kingdom! Lets say I have a majestic looking vessel in my harbor I get in and step into a small portal that brings me to the same boat parked in another Kingdoms harbor. This Idea could boost the economy of larger kingdoms by charging a harbor slot fee witch in return lets them keep a boat there, And will also help little town by giving them a shorter travel too a big kingdom for trade ECT. This will also cut travel time by ALOT but the hard thing to do is make two diffrent boats and sometimes more for the more kingdoms you buy harbor slots from This could be easily done by an admin or moderator for a price or done by yourself depending how lazy you are the only thing that would really be a bother is an admin setting up the portals and shrinking them down to the size of 1 to 2 blocks I hope this Idea is read and made real Please comment if you have anymore questions

Nevolo
Back to top Go down
w8
Admin
w8

PostSubject: Re: A Brilliant Suggestion If I Do Say So Myself   A Brilliant Suggestion If I Do Say So Myself EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:31 pm

Nevolo wrote:
We all love the portal at the spawn that brings us to cobble but what if there were portals like it that would bring us to kingdoms. Now you have my thesis I will begin the explanation of my idea. W8 should enable Kingdoms and bigger guild's to make boats, Now I know your probably like "Wait we already can" But what if the boat had a teleporter in it that would bring us from Kingdom to kingdom! Lets say I have a majestic looking vessel in my harbor I get in and step into a small portal that brings me to the same boat parked in another Kingdoms harbor. This Idea could boost the economy of larger kingdoms by charging a harbor slot fee witch in return lets them keep a boat there, And will also help little town by giving them a shorter travel too a big kingdom for trade ECT. This will also cut travel time by ALOT but the hard thing to do is make two diffrent boats and sometimes more for the more kingdoms you buy harbor slots from This could be easily done by an admin or moderator for a price or done by yourself depending how lazy you are the only thing that would really be a bother is an admin setting up the portals and shrinking them down to the size of 1 to 2 blocks I hope this Idea is read and made real Please comment if you have anymore questions

Nevolo

An interesting idea. The problem is, I kinda like having travel not be easy, especially for more distant villages and towns, once they actually start popping up. Additionally, in Castle Kingdom's case, for example, outsiders aren't allowed in, except in special occasions. They're kinda withdrawn, and I don't think they WANT a bunch of people traveling to their kingdom. But, here's the deal... I will implement something like this. However, I'm going to have stipulations...

1. There will be a harbor fee, each week, automatically removed from the King's account. This fee will change depending on how many ships are in port and how large the harbor is. I'll be figuring out how much it should be shortly. Of course, the idea is that kings are rich - so don't be suprised if it's a price you can't handle as of yet!
2. Small towns won't be able to create a harbor - I like them being distant and hard to reach. It's fun. They are allowed one small boat each, for travel to the next nearest town, as long as they're not that far apart. If it's too large a distance for a small boat, too bad. Walk.
3. Boat sizes... The minimum size for a boat to have a portal is 15 blocks long. This size a boat (small) will allow for short intrakingdom (inside the kingdom) hops. However, they still incur a harbor fee, at BOTH ENDS, so you don't want to create a bunch of them unless it's affordable! The next size up would be at least 20 (medium). This size a ship would allow for short interkingdom (between kingdom) trips. It would, of course, incur a proportional harbor fee. The next size (large) allows for more distant interkingdom journeys, and must be at least 30 blocks long. As an added bonus, ships this size are allowed two portals each if desired. Finally, any ship larger than 40 blocks will have no distance limit, and will be allowed 3 portals. HOWEVER, this size a ship will incur a LARGE harbor fee!
4. Creation fees. Yeah, that's right, I'm not done with fees. Opposed to what Nevolo says in the original post, an admin or a moderator will NOT build your boat, or help you, WHATSOEVER. The only thing we do is create the portal!
5. Realism. The ship you make can't be a flat piece of stone floating in water! It needs to look like a ship, whether it be a sailing ship or a steam-powered ship. Additionally, it has to be able to 'float' - which is to say, if it were actually able to move, it wouldn't sink.
6. The portal in a ship must lead to an IDENTICAL - as best you can get it - ship, in an APPROVED harbor. If a kingdom has a harbor but doesn't want your ship there, well, I guess you're walking to get there.

Overall, remember, it's up to the admins, and in the end, me, to decide whether or not to place a portal on a boat. I'll be implementing this soon, then, I suppose. Thanks!

-w8

Last edited by w8 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://lancecraft.4umer.com
Nevolo

Nevolo

PostSubject: I Like It   A Brilliant Suggestion If I Do Say So Myself EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 11:24 pm

It all sounds good so far I do encourage walking but, too places like The Necro Tower and The Grand Exchange people loose intrest so We need a faster solution. I am looking forward too your next reply

Dinner Time XD
NEVOLO
Back to top Go down
NinjaJediKitty

NinjaJediKitty

PostSubject: Re: A Brilliant Suggestion If I Do Say So Myself   A Brilliant Suggestion If I Do Say So Myself EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 12:41 pm

Woah woah woah...Nevolo, before you start making decisions for Crimson tell me ;D
anyways
1-I dont have tons of money. Never have, never will. xD
2-only ONE boat..?
3-Again with the money thing, do not have a lot..
4-Very fair, Admins have enough problems.
5-Oh, so I can't put my castle in the sea? xD
6-yes, Nevolo, WALK. xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Brilliant Suggestion If I Do Say So Myself   A Brilliant Suggestion If I Do Say So Myself Empty

Back to top Go down

A Brilliant Suggestion If I Do Say So Myself
Page 1 of 1