LanceCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Minecraft Server - New IP! lancecraft.g.nfoservers.com

HomeHome  World MapWorld Map  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LanceCraft is moving forward!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
w8
Admin
w8

LanceCraft is moving forward! Empty
PostSubject: LanceCraft is moving forward!   LanceCraft is moving forward! EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 6:28 pm

In case any of you thought we weren't going anywhere, I'm making this announcement now, even though it may be a little premature.

We have purchased the domain lance-craft.com and are creating a site for it, which will provide an easy place to find news and information. That will ALSO be the location of our map and forums in the future, meaning we're going to have to migrate everything from here to there. What's that mean for you all? Well, in the short term, if you could go to the new forums here and create an account, it'd help me immensely. For the time being, these forums are still the primary forums, but when everything is finally is done, you'll have to work to get the forums active - and I WANT activity. These forums are too dead. =(

Anyway, that's today's exciting news. Yesterday's was our discovery that the domain we WERE going to buy, lancecraft.net, has been taken by another server started two weeks ago under the same name as ours. Needless to say, I was a little needled, but I had a chat with the owner, who says currently, it's just a private server for him and his friends. If they do go public, we've got a bit of an agreement; anyone who wants freebuild I'll send his way, and anyone who wants RP he'll send my way. I'm still not particularly happy about another server operating under the name we've had for very nearly a year (By the way, the 16th is LanceCraft's birthday - I'm trying to think up something special!), but I have little choice, considering that he already bought lancecraft.net. He's not going to change his name now. xD

On a side note, the server is now running a 1.2.3 Beta build of bukkit - meaning we don't have full functionality and things may go wrong; so don't build anything massive in the meantime. The biggest problem we encountered is that in switching to the new map file format, Anvil, all player data files were erased - meaning all items you had in your inventory are gone. I know, it's bad, but here's the deal - a staff member will return to you six items or stacks of items. Anything that's deemed too large a request will be denied. Thanks for your understanding!
Enjoy!

Anyway, have a great day!
Back to top Go down
https://lancecraft.4umer.com

LanceCraft is moving forward!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LanceCraft :: Welcome to LanceCraft! :: Server Info & Announcements-
Jump to: